Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide support in documenting and synthesizing learning by taking information from state offices, technical staff and translating them into briefs, success stories and other communication pieces;
- Support creation of templates and knowledge sharing activities/channels related to programme activities and contribute to the development of outlines, writing, and layout designs;
- Assist in the preparation, writing and editing of communication materials, including but not limited to biweekly updates, quarterly reports, annual reports and work plans.
- Maintain SPARC online media presence (website, Facebook page, YouTube, flickr);
- Other communications and knowledge management tasks, as necessary.
Specifically, the Specialist will be required to do the following tasks:
- Managing relationships
- Support KM team in liaising with designers and printers of SPARC leaflets and booklets and ensure only quality products are accepted;
- Contribute to the production of SPARC's publicity material, documentation, video and audio and ensure quality assurance standards are adhered to;
- Represent the Programme by attendance at key events;
- Make useful contacts and explore networking opportunities for the benefit of the programme.
- Collect information about the Nigerian governance sector relevant to SPARC - from the media (newspapers, radio and television) and direct from other agencies involved in this sector and circulate to Senior Management
- and State Offices and maintain news archive of the above news stories;
- Assist in the implementation of KM Exit/Transfer Strategy;
- Provide communication and marketing support to SPARC's ASK Desk;
- Contribute to development of new communication tools for use across the programme;
- Advise and support State Offices with planning of, and technical inputs to, any communications activities at state level;
- Maintain a distribution list for all SPARe's knowledge products.
- Quality assurance
- Assist the Knowledge Management Team to ensure submission of reports is in accordance with Programme formats and templates.