Ipas, a global, non-profit reproductive health organization working in Nigeria, seeks an Advisor in their Community Access Unit. The Community Access Unit works directly with communities, in implementing strategic interventions related to community level advocacy. Social mobilization and behavior change activities. The Advisor will assist the Community Access Unit Head in preparation, coordination and implementation of community engagement and social and behavior change communication (SBCC) interventions aimed at improving community demand for and access to comprehensive reproductive health services, with an emphasis on engaging youth and youth-friendly services, The position is based in Abuja.
- Assisting in the assessment and selection of communities and community-based groups to become partners in the program efforts.
- Coordinating support to community-based partners in preparing sub-grant proposals, and reporting on implemented activities in line with Ipas procedures.
- Contributing to the implementation of the Reproductive Health Hotline by providing back-up support to the IT Hotline staff. Assisting with documentation of findings and lessons learned in the implementation of the community access activities.
- Providing administrative support to the Unit: Document, report and track activity entries, track planning and reporting timelines for grant agreements and contracts, follow-up on transfer/payment requests to women's groups, community-based organizations and community partners.
- Coordinating and overseeing courier packages and mail; coordinate dissemination of publications; assist in scheduling meetings and taking meeting notes; maintaining a contact database for the unit.
- Bachelor's degree and 3-5 years of experience in community-based health and/or development programs.
- Experience providing administrative support to programmatic units.
- Good communication and writing skills in English and local Nigerian languages.
- Proficiency in MS Office required.
- Knowledge and experience in women's rights, reproductive health issues, and human rights-based approaches.
- Relevant knowledge and technical experience in rights-based, participatory community engagement; direct work with community groups and local leaders; knowledge of social and behavior change communication (SBCC) a plus.
- Working with youth and young people a plus.