- Together with ProACT headquarter and State Staff spearhead the effective and efficient implementation of the HIV prevention, OVC, Care and Support services, provided under the ProACT project.
- Member of the State Project Management Team that is responsible for overall project performance.
- Provide technical input in the development of an integrated State project plan in collaboration with the State Teams.
- Together with the Clinical Care Specialist, take lead in the establishment of comprehensive HIV and TB services in supported health facilities.
- Conduct targeted advocacy to LGA and community leaders for implementation of OVC, care and support services and HIV prevention programs in target LGAs.
- Provide technical assistance to the implementing health facilities and target communities on HIV prevention programming, Care and Support including HTC, adherence support systems, and client retention strategies.
- In collaboration with the SCMS lead, monitor stock levels of Prevention, Care and Support commodities and OI drugs in the State and ensure timely procurement and distribution.
- Network with LGA, grantee CSO and community partners in the LGA to establish a functional referral system for clients between clinical and community-based HIV/AIDS services.
- Ensure timely relevant technical support to all grantee CBOs.
- Liaise with the M&E team to ensure functional monitoring, evaluation and reporting of HIV sexual prevention program, care and support/OVC services as required in the project PMP
- Represent MSH ProACT project at the state and LGA level on matters of HIV Prevention, OVC and care and support.
- Document programmatic achievements and keep the State Team Leader informed on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Be part of the state capacity building and supervisory team ensuring quality HIV prevention program, OVC, care and support services are delivered
- Participate in activities to scale-up prevention interventions to target communities
Supervision: Works independently with authority from the State Team Leader, within strategy and policy guidelines.
Decision Making: Makes decisions with regards to work responsibilities and is accountable for them.
Responsibility over data or information: Has access to information within project, and is responsible for guiding program data generation and management.
- Nurse with a graduate degree in a public health. Social Worker with a graduate degree and extensive experience working with PLHIV may be considered.
- Experience in HIV Sexual prevention programming and working with key populations, preferably in Nigeria.
- Significant experience in HIV/AIDS Programs with a focus on HIV Care and Support, OVC in resource poor settings in Africa, preferably Nigeria.
- Experience working with CSOs and community structures as well as managing, and supervising allied health professionals.
- Experience with HIV/AIDS programs supported by bilateral agencies such as CDC/USAID and international agencies such as WHO and World Bank preferred, particularly those related to sub granting to CSOs, HTC, treatment adherence and provision for orphans and vulnerable children.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and fluency in English.
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) saves lives and improves health, especially among the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people, by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Our mission is to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.