The Community Liaison Manager will primarily be responsible to the Field Coordinator (FieldCo) for the active involvement of community’s, Ministries, non-governmental organizations (NGO), Community-Based Organizations (CBO) and other social partners, by liaison, training and sensitizing communities for the identification, formulation and implementation of AAH programs in a bid to contribute to the eradication of extreme hunger, malnutrition and poverty in Northern Nigeria.
- Provide support to AAH’s Acceptance strategy in program delivery
- Ministries, non-governmental organizations (NGO), Community-Based Organizations (CBO) and other social partner’s awareness and support to AAH programs
- Participate in regular external meetings at LGA level and at state level when required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology or Rural Development or in a related field with at least five years’ relevant project experience working with rural communities
- Minimum two years’ work experience in humanitarian contexts, with at least 1 year in conflict/insecure contexts.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive
- Excellent team player
- Previous experience with Community Liaison management duties
- Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word)
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Fluency in English
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Commitment to AAH mission, values and policy
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience with AAH
- Fluency in Hausa or Kanuri
- Administrative and management competence would be an asset.