Main Purpose of Job
- To help UK based officers and their families to settle in to life in Lagos
Roles and Responsibilities
- Supporting UK based staff and their dependants before, during and after arrival at Post by providing relevant information as appropriate. This includes an orientation tour on arrival.
- In liaison with the Estates Officer, ensuring that staff accommodation is delivered on time and at an acceptable standard.
- Assisting officers, their families and staff on temporary duty by providing confidential information on health and medical welfare at Post.
- Acting as the main contact between Post and local schools. Arranging school monitoring visits, arranging registration where necessary. Point of contact for school bills, fee enquiries and bids for FCO education team.
- Compiling and issuing monthly Newsletter to all staff. Co-ordinating the annual updating of the Post Report and the Post Fact Sheet.
- Completion of the bi-annual ECA Cost of Living (COLA) survey and other returns as required.
- Liaising with DSFA and submission of various data/information as required. Maintaining contact with the CLO co-ordinator and the CLO world-wide network. Liaising with other
- Diplomatic Missions in Lagos and maintaining contact with British Women’s Group and the British Council.
- Attending the following committee meetings - Post Housing Committee, Post Joint Management Board (PJMB), and International Mother & Child Playgroup based at the Kingfisher Club (KFC).