Locations: Borno, Jigawa
- Provides support in the implementation, organisation, follow-up and reporting of community mobilization activities of the ACF program in close collaboration with the Nutrition and Health Officer and ACF LGA Supervisors.
- The Community Mobilization Assistant implements and supervises the activities in the communities to strengthen coverage of nutrition awareness through CMAM, IYCF and WASH activities.
- Undertake Community Mobilization Activities in collaboration with the Health Facility staff.
- Support the health facilities with Nutrition Awareness trainings.
- To participate actively in IYCF,WASH and other nutrition related activities in the community
- Diploma in Health/Nutrition related sciences with a major in Community Mobilization preferred; combination of work experience and sufficiently related areas of study may be accepted in lieu.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Strategic thinking, planning, reporting and communication skills
- Fluent in English and Hausa; other regional languages an asset; solid literacy skills in English
- Interpersonal skills - able to work with diverse stakeholders and partners effectively
- Precision and exactitude
- Basic computer literacy
- Good capacity to work in a team
- Knowledge of admission criteria and Nigeria CMAM protocol.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Resident of community area (LGA) of work, networks within community
- Previous NGO experience in a similar setting
- Proficiency with local languages (Kanuri, Fulani)
- Knowledge of arithmetic to make anthropometric measurements and statistics.