This role interfaces with the community across area of operation and also facilitates the sensitization of host communities and securing their buy-in for operation. This role will be responsible for managing all community development initiatives throughout the organization. Plan, develop and implement programs to promote community awareness.
- Maintain complete, accurate and timely communications with all prospects.
- Develop and maintain all third party evidence necessary to optimize communication in the community.
- Partner with internal and external clients to form creative, high-value community partnerships
- Liaise with other action parties in the field including HSE, Security and Contractors to ensure communities do not disrupt their work activities.
- Maintain current and accurate community demographic information including schools, transportation, churches, etc.
- Ensure that all documents are properly signed and recorded when necessary.
- Serve as liaison to company lines of business, functional organizations, and corporate office as needed.
- Control and reduce to the barest minimum, community disruptions of work activities and operations .
- Strong strategic and analytical skills
- Ability to implement new ideas and tactics to meet changing business needs and to work cross functionally with the community, with internal and external partners.
- Ability to support multiple concurrent projects effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to work and travel after traditional work hours to support community events and activities as needed.
- Mobilize community members and leaders for Town Hall or other meetings necessary to build relationship or resolve issues with the company.
- Do weekly and monthly reporting of all Community Relations activities to the company.
- Knowledge of public relations, government affairs, media relations, Experience in a combination of disciplines is a plus
- Maintain uninterrupted work and production activities in the field.
- Achieve minimum resolution time when disruption occurs.
- Managing community expectations with regards to youth employment, community contractor’s empowerment and Community Development projects
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum 4-6 years’ work experience in similar role.
- Minimum B.Sc. in social science disciplines from a reputable university.