• The primary duty of the Company Diving Representative is to ensure the integrity of personnel and equipment involved in the project.
• The CDR is to act as "Eyes & Ears" for the Company with regard to offshore operations and ensuring that work procedures and management of change are followed.
• Leadership and management of the diving contractor is an essential part of his work.
• He ensures that Health & Safety issues are kept foremost.
• He monitors competence issues with team performing work at site.
• He ensures compliance with international codes & standards, Local & International regulations.
• He ensures that all relevant certification and audits of the diving system(s) are in date and that any close-out actions from those audits have been carried out.
• He ensures that all diving team personnel are holding IMCA recognized certificates and that He is the only link/channel between the diving contractor and the Offshore site authority diver's medical exams and logbooks are up to date.
• He is accountable for ensuring that the contractor efficiently executes the approved scope of work in accordance with the approved procedures. He optimizes the work planning.
• He is the only link/channel between the diving contractor and the Offshore site authority and/or Operation/Installation manager. This applies for routine matters as well as for emergency situations.
• He ensures that the contractor is correctly applying the approved diving Emergency Response Procedure.
• The CDR has the authority and the duty to cancel or abort a dive if he deems the situation unsafe. He reports in the first instance to the DCP any diving safety issue arising.
• He plans and monitors the necessary diving accident related drills to be carried out during the operation.
• He liaises with the Offshore Site authorities obtaining Work Permits. He ensures that other activities under the Offshore Site control (SIMOPS) do not compromise the safety of operations being carried out by the diving contractor.
According to their professional experience.
A minimum of 10 years experience in handling and lifting operations with a solid background acquired within the Oil and gas industry.
Teambuilding awareness, leadership, multicultural awareness, environmental awareness, organization skills, good command of English and computer literate. Language skills: English fluent.
Basic acknowledge of MS Office Package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).