Reports To: Managing Director
Supervises: Legal Team
- Takes overall responsibility for the coordination of all legal and company secretarial matters relating to the company and ensure the provision of adequate advisory services on all legal issues.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Identify and manage group legal risks.
- Provide legal advice on the company’s transactions and other matters concerning the company
- Manage the company’s relationships with external solicitors and ensure that the company is properly represented in all litigations concerning it.
- Provide statutory Company Secretarial services and act as Secretary to the Board of Directors and all standing committees of the company
- Provide advice on, interpret and communicate all legal issues, opinions, laws, rules, guidelines, statutes, especially as regards company’s businesses, to staff and management
- Provide firm but fair opinion on all legal matters to the company
- Review; draft MOUs, legal agreements, loan agreements and security documentation between the company and external parties.
- Liaise with legal departments of external organizations where the situation arises.
- Liaise with government agencies for the smooth running of the company (such as filing of papers at CAC, etc.)
- Mentor subordinates of legal department.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Sound knowledge of law and regulation relating to industry issues
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong inter-personal and people management skills
- Attention to detail, good organizational skills and strong appreciation of customer service
- Excellent negotiating / deal-making skills
- Results oriented
- Capable of leading team
- Committed approach to work and commitment to own professional development
Qualifications and Experience
- Good first degree in Law from a reputable Institution
- A higher degree or professional qualification such as LLM or ACIS will be an added advantage
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of proven post call practice experience.
- Must have strong Advocacy skills Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite-word and excel.
- Ideal age should be between 30-40years.