To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned and may vary by location.
Key aims and objectives:
The basic function of the Compress Mechanic is to be responsible for the maintenance, upkeep and any repairs to all compressors.
Prime Responsibilities and Duties:
- Keep a daily log on all compressor maintenance performed.
- Ensure there is a planned maintenance system in place on all compressors
- General maintenance on all hardware for high-pressure equipment
- Assist the Air Gun Mechanic with maintenance and repairs as needed
- Assist the departments with maintenance and repairs as needed
- Keep all compressor areas clean and neat at all times
- Inspect all compressors on a regular basis for any oil leaks
- Coordinate all compressor activity
- Keep an adequate supply inventory available for any needed repairs
- Perform general housekeeping to maintain a clean living environment
- Participate in all emergency drills and safety meetings
- Wear all necessary personal protective equipment as required
- Review and become familiar with Company Policies pertaining to safety
- Adhere to the Company Policy on drugs and alcohol
- Perform all maintenance and service on compressed air systems and related equipment
- Self-disciplined and able to work without direct supervision
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Be fully capable of preparing all work orders, time sheets and reports accurately, neatly and timely.