Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
A computer engineer, also called a software engineer, is responsible for developing, testing and evaluating the software that make our computers work. They may help in the development of new computer games and business applications, or even in the design of entirely new operating systems. A computer engineer may also be responsible for constructing and managing an organization's computer system and supplying technical support. A computer engineer typically works in an office or laboratory environment as part of a team and enjoys a traditional work schedule.
1) Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan layout, including type of computers and peripheral equipment modifications.
2) Analyze user needs and recommend appropriate hardware.
3) Build, test and modify product prototypes, using working models or theoretical models constructed using computer simulation.
4) Confer with engineering staff and consult specifications to evaluate interface between hardware and software and operational and performance requirements of overall system.
5) Design and develop computer hardware and support peripherals, including central processing units (CPUs), support logic, microprocessors, custom integrated circuits, and printers and disk drives.