Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Producing animation involving a number of stages including generating ideas, building models and rigging lighting.
- liaising with clients and developing animation from their concepts;
- creating storyboards that depict the script and narrative;
- drawing in 2D to create sketches, artwork or illustrations;
- designing models, backgrounds, sets, characters, objects and the animation environment;
- using a range of materials, including modelling clay, plaster, oil paints, watercolours and acrylics;
- developing the timing and pace of the movements of a character or object during the sequence of images and ensuring they follow the soundtrack and audio requirements;
This area of work is open to all graduates, the following degree or foundation degree subjects are particularly relevant:
- art and design;
- computer-aided engineering;
- design for moving image;
- electrical engineering;
- film and video;
- graphic design/illustration;
- model making or sculpture;
- spatial design;
- 3D design.
Entry without a higher education qualification is allowed. Exceptions may be made for very talented candidates. Many animators consider that having an artistic background is just as important as having skills in IT.
Although not essential, a relevant postgraduate qualification in animation may enhance your employability.