Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Computer operator operates and supports the manufacturing department's computer systems and related peripheral equipment including the host computers that run the college's administrative applications, in addition to the other operational tools, software and computer devices. Areas of responsibility include computer operations and report distribution. Analyzes and resolves hardware/software problems.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares daily production schedule and handles user requests. Manages computer resources efficiently to provide maximum throughput and adequate system response.
- Communicates regularly regarding scheduling of computer time. Helps resolve computer related issues, routing user questions to other areas as appropriate.
- Analyzes and resolves hardware/software/problems such as operational discrepancies, job aborts, and network issues. Refers problems to appropriate person when operators' best efforts cannot resolve. May occasionally develop software tools to enhance efficiency.
- Operates the computer efficiently to ensure production, packaging and delivery of regular, and special reports. Includes operation of performance consoles, printers, tape drives and disk drives. Additionally, operates other peripheral devices. Also provides operational support for the wide area and local area networks.
- Maintains operations database (i.e., jobs, scheduling, inventory, tape library, auto scheduler, etc.). Corrects and documents operational problems and discrepancies, including program changes and procedural changes as directed by supervisor or Programmer Analyst. Communicates changes in operating procedures and techniques to all operations personnel.
- Monitors supplies and equipment necessary to ensure continuous operations. Contacts vendors to research new products and pricing and coordinates delivery and installation of software, hardware, and network components. Maintains the proper inventory level of computer supplies. This includes updating inventory control sheets, ordering supplies and getting emergency supplies from the storeroom.
- Helps with the hiring and training of permanent, student and casual employees.
High school, Diploma, OND or equivalent. Associate's degree in computer related discipline or two years of related training. Related experience may substitute for the degree requirement or training on a year-for-year basis.
Method of Application:
Interested applicants should send CVs to : firstname.lastname@example.org