Reporting to the Head of Project Development, and working closely in collaboration with other staff and consultants, this position is responsible for support to the project development team.
Africa50 seeks to appoint an Energy sector Public-Private-Partnerships Specialist to undertake, but not limited to, the following activities:
- Identify projects in energy sector with high likelihood for PPP for project development activities;
- Negotiate and partner with Governments to undertake the projects in form of PPP;
- Prepare Investment Proposals for Project Development Financing;
- Develop Terms of Reference (ToR) and processes for selection of firms to carry out prefeasibility studies and feasibility studies;
- Develop ToR for market studies;
- Identify potential technical partners for the projects;
- Organize tendering for awarding projects to technical partners;
- Negotiate terms and conditions for the co-development company;
- Negotiate the terms and conditions for the facility for project preparation;
- Prepare a final report for completion of the PD;
- Implement the exit from the successful projects before the financial closing;
- Develop strategic relationships with African countries for PPP advancement;
- Build and share knowledge with African countries on PPP.
Applicants must have:
- Ten to fifteen (10-15) years energy infrastructure projects preparation and project management experience.
- Experience of working on medium sized and large scale energy infrastructure projects.
- Experience in deal making and financial structuring is desired.
- Experience of working in Africa and/or in developing countries.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.