Africa50 seeks to appoint Consultant Investment Officers for periods ranging from 3 to 6 months with possibility of contract extension, to undertake the following activities:
- Identify projects in energy and transports sector, water and ICT and other related sectors;
- Prepare screening papers to filter projects;
- Undertake promotion missions and business development;
- Build strong market intelligence tools;
- Build strong relationships with industrial operators in energy and transports and other sectors in infrastructure;
- Build strong relationships with other IFIs for risk sharing;
- Prepare documents for credit processes;
- Lead teams comprising various profiles to process investments;
- Present investment proposals to various committees;
- Participate in the preparation of the legal documentation for the project financing;
- Supervise the satisfaction of CPs;
- Process the disbursements;
- Maintain good relationships with institutions dealing with PPP in African countries.
Applicants must have:
- Ten to fifteen (10-15) years infrastructure projects financing and project management experience in the energy, transport, water and/or ICT sectors.
- Experience of working on medium sized and large scale infrastructure projects in one of the sectors - energy, transport, water or ICT sectors.
- Experience in deal making and financial structuring using various financial products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience of working in Africa and/or in developing countries desirable.
- Proficiency in appropriate information technology software.