Leads the execution of strategic knowledge initiatives for a given sector community. Works strategically with the firm’s sector leadership to enable the sector’s business vision/strategy from a knowledge perspective, optimizing the full capabilities of the EY Knowledge organization. Responsible and accountable for driving implementation/deployment strategies of the sector knowledge plan aligned with global sector priorities.
Drives the account enablement knowledge strategy within the sector community. Takes a commercial approach to pro-actively link knowledge to business opportunities. Leads and connects Knowledge Advisors (KAs), Analysts and other sector-aligned Knowledge personnel, supporting two-way relationships between accounts and Global Sector Center leadership team, driving consistent knowledge sharing and activities supporting the sector, including issue resolution. This is a key leadership role in driving the knowledge culture of EY and will be expected to model leading knowledge behaviours and activities within their community.
Market Leadership & Growth
•Proactively engages sector leadership with unique viewpoints; participates in key strategic planning activities, identifying knowledge opportunities and priorities.
•Demonstrates strong understanding of trends, emerging markets/companies, EY competitive position, differentiators and go-to-market strategies to help EY win in the market place
•Determines knowledge needs of the sector by liaising with sector leadership and develops the knowledge, account enablement and content strategy for the community consistent with global objectives
•Takes a commercial approach, pro-actively linking knowledge to business opportunities
•Leads and manages global team resources to execute on strategic and tactical knowledge priorities
•Works with senior executive, sector leadership and account leaders to identify issues/hot topics/trends in an account or community that can be shared and developed into new knowledge approaches/service offerings that can benefit a broader audience
•Proactively brings insights and innovative approaches to pursuit and engagement teams
•Plays a key role in the development and implementation of the Sector’s focus account approach; contributes ideas to network call agendas
•Holds a “seat at the table” delivering high value input to Sector Center strategy, business planning discussions. Perceived as adviser and core member of the Sector Centre team and critical to success
•Aligns teams to select competencies (minors) and encourages [expects] them to be responsible for best practice, and two-way knowledge sharing in their minors consistent with one-firm go-to-market approach.
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
• Aligns resources in a way that enables them to deliver the maximum value to the business, ensuring that objectives are achieved and knowledge plans are implemented effectively
• Works on-going with the Sector Markets Leader and the Sector & Accounts Operations Leader to identify and validate which accounts require KA support
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
• Possesses a full understanding of all EY Knowledge services, and a robust understanding of the firm’s service offerings, and the ability to articulate the value they can bring to the business
• Has a strong understanding of the assigned industry and hot topics
• Able to engage in issues-based discussions
• Builds and maintains strong, trust-based and credible relationships with key leadership. Uses these relationships to focus on developing world-class knowledge management practices that meet business needs
• Demonstrates strong leadership, management and relationship skills, including delegating, coaching and defining expectations; embracing and leading change and motivating others
• Confidence to present knowledge topics in a clear, comprehensive and compelling manner to internal and external audiences
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Advanced skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Lotus Notes
• Professional, confident, credible and enthusiastic team player