- The Content Publishing Manager is a key member of the Global Operations team, one of Microsoft’s most dynamic international business groups.
- As the leader in and face to market and a member of the local Microsoft subsidiary, you are responsible for the overall availability and quality of all forms of content (eg. text, audio, images, video, data) for Windows applications (News, Sports, Finance, Weather, etc) on multi-platform devices (PC, tablet, phone) and on the web.
- Our products are created to acquire and engage with users and have them loving their content experiences on Windows.
- We are partnering with the best Media companies around the world. We have the best engineers to develop these unique products and experiences.
- You are responsible for the products, user experience and quality of what we deliver to South African users.
- You are the primary connection with content and data partners from the on and offline media in South Africa.
- You lead business development on content partnerships and represent MSN at a national level within the industry.
- You own the budget (people and content). You support the monetization and business goals of the South African Advertising & Online (“A&O”) team.
- You partner with the A&O team and you are a key contributor to their success.
- You are in charge of developing and executing a content plan in synch with the overall business plan, as defined by the Global Operations leadership team.
- You lead the local acquisition of content and data aligned to the overall division’s goals. You leverage content from global deals to enrich the South African user experience.
- As new platforms and content emerge, you work with key internal and external stakeholders to identify opportunities to use those platforms for distribution of content and make recommendations for wider action.
- You are an ambassador of change throughout the organization, identifying key change initiatives to streamline content development, publishing and business operations.
- Your primary goal is to grow audiences and user engagement, including increasing new and returning users, editorial click through, volume of sessions and duration by user.
- You focus on web page views, video views, share of online minutes and page views per unique users. You boost our apps to become "best in class" from a content experience perspective and our web service to be in the South Africa top 3 ranking by user reach.
- You manage a local editorial team, interact regularly with multiple teams across the region and various Microsoft business groups within the outside of the local market.