- Assist the Head PAO with drafting, reviewing and negotiating agreements, MoUs, hosting agreements, more commercial agreements (for services to ‘farming companies’), licensing agreements etc.
- Provide project backstopping in relation to contractual requirements.
- Participate actively in project review/evaluation.
- Assist the Head PAO with day to day project administration.
- Assist with design of a project design manual and templates for MoUs, contract agreements, sub-contract agreements, NCEs and amendments.
- Assist with knowledge management at IITA.
- Handle IP-related issues, audits, reporting and work related to the new CGIAR ‘Intellectual Assets’, ‘Open Access’ and other related policies still to be expected.
- Retrieve information from both hard files and database to resolve queries.
- Support in ensuring that the database is kept up to date with accurate data, reports and other project documents, by forwarding relevant information and documents to the relevant staff in PAO.
- Work as part of the PAO team by closely cooperating with other team members in relation to the Project Management.
- Such other duties, properly assigned, as may be occasioned by the exigencies of the service.
Minimum of BSc. or comparable in law or related discipline or an equivalent professional qualification, but preferably an MSc. degree.
Certification in any of the following examinations would be an added advantage:
- ISEB Certificate in Programme and Project Support Office Essentials
- Certificate in IS Project Management
- PRINCE2 Foundation
- PRINCE2 Practitioner
- Minimum of 5 years post qualification experience of working in a Program/Project Office preferably in a similar organization.
- Legal background, with knowledge of finance and project management.
- Experience with project management/ administration software is a must.
- Proven competence in collaborating with Senior Staff and stakeholders.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced and dynamic Project environment.
- Pro-active approach and able to multi-task.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Must have analytical skills.