The position is to support one of our strategic global accounts and will require the successful candidate to provide focused support of contract management activities within the pre-sales / pre-award phase. Some support will however be provided in the post-sales / post-award phases, as and when required.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Undertake contract review and gap analysis, ensuring that proposed and contracted contractual provisions conform to regional and account guidelines and directives.
- Together with the sales team and supporting organizations, driving improved financials (working capital, cash flow, margins)
- Drive the creation of a contracting strategy in the pre-award phase, gathering inputs from various internal key stakeholders and decision makers.
- In conjunction with Legal counsel, support the drafting of the contract agreement by ensuring that all the commercial (business case) provisions are appropriately included within the contract agreement.
- Supporting the negotiation phase by taking the lead during negotiations on contractual provisions, in conjunction with the Key Account Manager.
- Ensure that internal governance processes, directives and instructions are adhered to and managed within the framework of the existing governance model.
- Ensuring contract signature and supporting the handover to the delivery team.
- Driving ongoing education and awareness of the contract content and provisions.
- Supporting risk and contract management efforts throughout the contract life-cycle.
Minimum Qualification and Experience Requirements
- A graduate degree in Business Management and Sciences, Commercial Law, or equivalent.
- 5 years Contract Management experience working in a corporate environment in the telecommunications or IT industry.
- Excellent financial knowledge and understanding in order to identify and address potential shortcomings.
- Appreciation of operational complexities and requirements.
- Be able to draft and incorporate basic commercial and operational business requirements into a customer contract.
- Highly proficient in English (written and spoken word)
- Must be able to drive C-Level discussions and negotiations.
Preferred Qualification and Experience Requirements
- IACCM Certification
- Proven experience managing complex opportunities and projects of a Systems Integration or Managed Services nature.
- Fluent in French
- Working experience of 7 years or more as a Contract Manager within Sub-Saharan Africa working directly with cellular network operators will be preferable.
- Problem Solving and Strategic Thinking
- Creative and Analytical Skills
- Change Management Skills
- Leadership and Managerial Skills
- Negotiation and Argumentation
- Presentation and Communication skills
- Risk Analysis and Management skills
- Cultural Awareness
- Customer and Market Insight
- Knowledge Sharing (Tools and Methods)
- Planning and Organizing Skills
- Result Oriented
- Pro-active and independent contributor
- Sales and Business Development Skills
- Team Work and Collaboration
- Drafting Skills
- Commercial and Financial Understanding
- Legal and Regulatory Understanding
Additional Requirements, Physical Demands, Region / Local Specifications
- The successful candidate will predominantly focus on supporting Contract governance and execution in delivery, pre-sales.
- When requested, will be required to support post-sales Contract Management activities.
- Will be expected to travel fairly frequently within Sub-Saharan Africa in order to support Sales teams and opportunities.