Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
The Control Room Operator (CRO) acts as the Barge Engineer’s assistant, reporting to both the Barge Engineer and the Lead Production Operator. The CRO’s primary responsibility is to monitor rig equipment functionality, towards of purpose of detecting active and potential malfunctions and equipment failures.
This position requires a keen eye for detail and the ability to process large amounts of data at a time. In addition to a high school degree, HNC/HND certification, and extensive experience with FPSO production systems is often required. Responsibilities also include the ability to constantly monitor all activities and communications even in the event of an emergency. The ability to remain calm and continue to perform during a shut down and to take the necessary steps to secure safety for all company assets, staff members, and the public.
- The ability to function during long twelve-hour rotating shift schedules.
- The responsibility of the control room operator is for starting up and shutting down plant operations under normal conditions as well as under emergency conditions.
- The ability for troubleshooting expertise and diagnostics is to replace and repair non-operational parts.
- The control room operator is responsible for detailed and very comprehensive reports on all operations and existing conditions.
- The control room operator is responsible for reporting abnormal and unusual conditions that develop during the daily work schedule with recommendations for new approaches.
- The control room operator is responsible for the overseeing and daily integrity of all operational equipment for the safety of all employees and neighboring communities when they apply.
- The control room operator is responsible for ensuring the safety of the work environment of all employees.
- The control room operator is responsible for the assessment and the initiative during an emergency that a contingency plan is always ready to put into place.
- Reports equipment malfunctions directly to the Lead Production Operator.
- Makes necessary adjustments to equipment under Barge Engineer and Lead Operator supervision.
- Maintains safety and efficiency of central control room equipment and associated logs.
- Collects and presents data regarding equipment functionality.
- Implements shut down, isolation, depressurizing and cleaning procedures as required for maintenance and equipment repairs.
- Delivers on-spec hydrocarbon exports, ensuring adherence to safety regulations and production plans.
- Maintains rig stability, including weight distribution during loading and unloading procedures, at all times.
Interested applicants should have a minimum of OND/NCE in relevant fields. Any higher qualification with working experience will serve as an added advantage.. MODE OF APPLICATION: Interested applicants should forward their updated CVs to HR through this email: firstname.lastname@example.org or send your Name, Location, Qualification to this 08159283609. Note: This job offer is mainly for Lagos residents.