This position is responsible for the Finance and Admin functions of Nigeria. The position is responsible for financial integrity of the subsidiary, compliance with statutory law and regulations as well as internal policies, controls, planning, forecasting and reporting requirements. Further, this position supports the management by providing value add analysis and being actively involved in decision making process around topics such as revenue, headcount, marketing and other resources deployments etc.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Business Partnering: Be an effective partner of the Country Manager and the subsidiary Leadership Team, providing insightful analysis and finance perspective to the decision making process in the subsidiary with focus on the long term financial objectives.
- Planning & Operational Excellence: Deliver timely and accurate information to the CM & WCA leadership team. Provide meaningful analysis for Revenue and P&L in both forward looking as well as in actual results. Operational excellence and execution of monthly forecast, Mid Year Review and Planning, providing solid financial services (e.g. AR, AP, Tax etc).
- Accounting and reporting: Ensure financial statements are presented accurately, timely and in line with corporate policies and statutory requirements.
- Internal Controls & Compliance: Ensure internal controls are in place and in compliance with corporate policies, procedures and statutory requirements. Improve education and awareness within the subsidiary.
- Cost Efficacy: Lead the cost efficacy efforts in the subsidiary, by improving processes, increasing efficiency, identifying opportunities to do more with less, leveraging technology and making cost efficacy a company wide effort. Manage procurement and RE&F activities.
- People Development: Effectively lead employees by providing the necessary training, development opportunities and ensuring we have the right resources in place.