NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil & Gas Industry.
A leading global supplier of both chemicals and industrial gases are looking for a Controls and Instrumentation Engineer to join their team. The role will be based in the North East; working on some of the world’s most advanced plasma gasification facilities.
As Controls and Instrumentation Engineer your key duties will be to:
- Ensure the stable functioning of the control & instrument systems so that the plant operates in a continuous, safe and efficient manner.
- Provide technical guidance where applicable to ensure regulatory compliance of the systems we operate.
- Provide on-going improvements to the control systems in support of production, optimisation, safety and reliability.
- Provide a design capability for plant improvement projects, including control strategies, configuration of control systems, instrument specifications & contractor installation specifications.
- Respond to any major occurrence of plant breakdown where control and instrumentation expertise is required.
- Manage technical support service providers such as DCS, packaged systems, Gas Turbines etc.
- Supervise contractors to ensure safe working practices & quality installation standards.
The ideal Controls and Instrumentation Engineer will:
- Be degree qualified in an applicable discipline.
- Have experience in a process engineering industry, such as Petrochemical, Oil & Gas, Energy / Power Generation or similar.
- Have previous site/field experience.
- Possess a good basic knowledge of process instrumentation, analyzers etc.
- Ideally have “hands on” experience of Emerson Delta V, Siemens PCS7, Rockwell / Alan Bradley hardware & software engineering systems.
- Possess a good basic knowledge of industrial process instrumentation