The main objectives of this role include the design, commissioning and integration of baggage handling system (BHS) projects. Typical projects are complete baggage handling systems, integrating new HBS machines or other subsystems into live systems or upgrading of PLC Control systems. All works are within the BHS environment at Gatwick or Heathrow.
Typical projects cover all development steps, design manufacture, install, commissioning and test of BHS systems or subsystems. Since Siemens acts as a 'Baggage Integrator', management of suppliers will play a major role. Both Heathrow and Gatwick represent a complex environment, so the PLC Controls Engineer needs to have the ability to manage multiple and potentially conflicting requirements while identifying and maintaining focus on Siemens and client priorities.
Design, commissioning and integration of cost effective solutions during the project acquisition and execution phase based on customer requirements.
A Masters in Automation or Electrical / Electronic Engineering or equivalent and evidence of the following:
- S7 Programming Level TIA 1-3
- WIN CC Flexible, WIN CC, WIN CC Open Architecture
- Failsafe Systems
Significant experience of controls engineering will be evidenced in your application showing:
- Experience in all phases of the PLC Engineering part in a Bid Team for PLC quotes
- Experience in all phases of the PLC Software Engineering process
- Experience in all phases of the PLC Software Development process
- Managing stakeholders and requirements
- Domain knowhow in baggage related mechanical and electrical solutions
- Experience with complex Logistics PLC systems
General PLC Software and Cross functional Knowledge & Skills are required in the following areas:
- Requirements Engineering
- Risk and Safety Analysis
- Writing Detail Design Descriptions (DDS)
- Writing Functional Design Descriptions (FDS)
- Writing Test Specifications
- Writing PLC Commissioning and Integration Test Sheets
Evidence experience in:
- Variable speed drives, frequency Inverter, motor starter, field devices and sensors.
- Conveyor technologies, sorter systems, lifting devices
- Safety Systems like AS-I Safety or Failsafe PLC’s
- Profibus, Profinet, Ethernet, Asi-Bus
An excellent command of the English language together with:
- A desire to succeed
- Customer focus
- Good communicator
- Quality & Result Orientation
- Team Player
- Intercultural experience and attitude