NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a major operator, with large Canadian projects has an opportunity for a Controls System Manager to work on one of their oil sands project, on an initial 1 year contract based in Calgary with occasional business visits to site.
You must have legal authorisation to work within Canada prior to application.
- Lead a team of Instrumentation Engineers and designers from FEED through scoping and detailed engineering to construction
- Define scope of activities, assign workloads, review and implement standards/procedures- Man hour estimating, cost estimating, budgeting, progress reporting for Instrumentation scope for all phases of a project
- Liaise with customers, vendors, engineers, and other disciplines as required
- Design, Review and Approve Instrumentation related engineering deliverables, i.e. instrument indexes, installation details, location drawings, datasheets, wiring drawings, loop drawings, P&ID's, material requisitions, evaluation of alternatives and selection of equipment, calculations (control valve, flow elements, pressure safety valves), document control logs, bill of materials and instrument change approvals, construction work package
- Design, Review and Approve Controls related engineering deliverables, i.e. logic drawings, S/D matrix, block diagrams, control system layouts, control system topology, control narrative, and P&ID's
- Keep to agreed schedules and budgets for all deliverables- Lead, mentor, guide and build a high performance motivated team- Participate in the professional development of junior members of the department/team
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or Technologist Diploma with 10-15 years of experience in refinery or petrochemical industries.
- PMP designation is considered an asset.- Supervisory experience with ability to effectively lead, direct, and manage technical teams and to work efficiently
- Working knowledge of codes, standards, regulations and practices
- Successful candidate will have strong leadership, interpersonal, excellent organizational, communication and time management skills as well as a strong customer focus
- Candidate must be eligible to work in Canada