• Clean, cut, and cook meat, fish, or poultry.
• Cook foodstuffs according to menus, special dietary or nutritional restrictions, or numbers of portions to be served.
• Apportion and serve food to facility residents, employees, or patrons.
• Direct activities of one or more workers who assist in preparing and serving meals.
• Inspect and clean food preparation areas, such as equipment and work surfaces, or serving areas to ensure safe and sanitary food-handling practices.
• Ensure food is stored and cooked at correct temperature by regulating temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters.
• Ensure freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items, and rotating stock.
• Turn or stir foods to ensure even cooking.
• Season and cook food according to recipes or personal judgment and experience. • Verify that prepared food meets requirements for quality and quantity.
• Cook and package batches of food, such as hamburgers and fried chicken, which are prepared to order or kept warm until sold.
• Prepare specialty foods such as pizzas, fish and chips, sandwiches, and tacos, following specific methods that usually require short preparation time.
- Must Have A Minimum Of 3 Years Experience As A Professional Cook.
- Must Be Able To Communicate In English