- Performing all secretarial and administrative duties to the standards required in order to ensure the smooth operation of the administration office.
- Communicating efficiently with all colleagues in the department in order to ensure an efficient flow of information to and from the administration office.
- Handling and directing all enquiries to the appropriate person.
- Ensuring proper requisitioning and controlling of office supplies.
- Maintaining an efficient and accurate record of keys issued to offices.
- Receiving all incoming mails and distributing them accordingly.
- Receiving all incoming documents and to distribute them accordingly.
- Updating the Kitchen Manning List on a regular basis and submitting reports to the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef.
- Assisting all Kitchen staff hired by the Executive Chef / Executive Sous Chef and Human Resources department with administrative matters (e.g. visas, CV, passport).
- Preparing various reports, documents and forms when required.
- Taking dictation, transcribing, typing confidential documentation and keeping confidential materials.
- Maintaining all assigned kitchen record books or systems.
- Liaising with the Chef Coordinator in designing and maintaining a system to ensure the kitchen offices comply with the Jumeirah International Quality Management System.
- Maintaining appropriate records of colleagues' personal files (e.g. ID Cards, Health Cards, Hygiene Certificates, etc.).
- Ensuring up-to-date copies of the department Standard Operating Procedures are maintained at all times.
- Communicating new or amended procedures to relevant departments/colleagues in a timely manner and ensuring they have been understood.
- Controlling department forms and records according to the Jumeirah International standards for Document Control.
You should have a recognised qualification in Administration or in a related field. You will have a minimum of 2 years similar experience working in a 5 star hotel. Possessing good knowledge and understanding of kitchen operation is highly desirable.
It is essential that you have excellent command of the English language, both spoken and written. You should be computer literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).