The Corporate Auditor will ultimately deliver high quality financial and operational audit reviews across Nigerian Bottling Company Ltd – both plants and its depots and ensure key objectives of the department are achieved. The Corporate Auditor will report to the Full Scope Audit Manager.He/She might also have to report to any of the Unit Managers within the Internal Audit Department during some audit assignments.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
• Deliver high quality financial and operational audit reviews across NBC
• Participate in ad-hoc projects and investigations
• Communicate audit observations, related risks to clients.
• Conduct audits of the Plants/Functions and provide objective view on the control environment
• Conduct special reviews and investigation when the need arises and documentation of reports
• Provide supporting documents on observation raised.
• Execute annual audit plans in an effective and efficient manner.
• Resolution of complex problems arising during projects
• Development of cost-effective, value-adding recommendations.
• Assess Plants/Functions compliance with Group policies, local policies, local regulations, etc.
• Timely Reporting of audit observations from audit projects
• Deliver high quality audit reports
• Effective communication of audit observations
• Effective management of the departmental budget, optimization of time, project/traveling costs during specific project.
• Knowledge sharing with colleagues
• Display appropriate technical and soft skills set; from which other team members can learn.
• Act as a consultant for the Company on highly significant matters relating to internal controls,financial policies, programs,capabilities and long-range goals and objectives.
• Update of audit work program/work papers on SharePoint.
• Be a consultant to the Plants/Functions on matters of controls, process improvements, capabilities and programs.
• Develop cost effective and value adding recommendations to various business observation raised.
• Act as liaison between the Plant/Function Management and internal audit department
• Increase efficiency and quality of departmental deliverables: quality of audit reports, time allocation, follow up processes, etc.
• Contributes new ideas, and intelligently partake in team discussions and active participation in the audit meeting.
• Ensure that health, safety and environmental impact is a consideration in decision- making in all matters.
• Encourage paper free audits and energy-saving initiatives
• Support the company’s CSR agenda.