- Responsible for ensuring the efficient supervision of all related Intercompany and fixed Asset transactions in ensuring the integrity of the Company’s related party payables and receivables / assets are stated accurately on a monthly basis within the General Ledger function.
- The Job holder is expected to improve the propriety and accuracy of all transactions domiciled in the accounts of the Company.
- The Job holder is expected to ensure that all records in the books of the company and its subsidiaries are a true reflection of its activities.
- The Job holder is expected to ensure compliance with the Company’s policy on records management
- The Job holder is also expected to ensure that the Company maintains proper record in terms of all related party transactions and fixed asset register.
- Serve as a key user as well as first point of reference on issues relating to Intercompany / Fixed Asset, in the company’s accounting enterprise resource programme (ERP), presently, Systems Applications and Procedures (SAP).
- The Job holder is to ensure that policies and procedures put in place to ensure the efficient and effective operation of Intercompany /Fixed Asset transactions are enforced
- Support and develop team members of lower grade to ensure smooth succession
- Ensure participation of self and team members in trainings aimed at adding value to the unit, department and Company
- Build and equip the potentials and competencies of team members while attending to areas requiring attention
- Ensure that the Company’s internal control environment with respect to the company’s financial record on intercompany /fixed assets are efficient and effective
- Create an atmosphere in which all team members can perform to their optimum
- Ensure alignment of Intercompany /Fixed Assets Performance objectives from FAM through FD (include cross-functional linkages) and down through Finance structure
- Improve the exiting level of relationship between the unit and its stakeholders
- Ensure that the unit optimises the use of IT technology in improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the operations of the unit
- Optimise the use of Information Technology to ensure knowledge management within the unit
- Good interpersonal skills is required as the job holder would be expected to relate with various other sub-units in finance i.e. marketing finance, operations finance, accounts payable, treasury e.t.c.
- Relationship with all staff is inevitable as the Job holder supervises the company’s financial record.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- A good knowledge of book keeping and financial reporting is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft words & excel is required. Also good knowledge of the Company Enterprise Resource Programme, currently systems applications and procedures (SAP) especially General Ledger in FI module is essential.
- The Job holder is expected to be a first degree holder in social sciences and or at least a finalist in a recognised professional accountancy examination, while membership of such professional bodies will be an added advantage.