Manage the Cost Control team to audit the costs of each department within the property in order to ensure that the appropriate internal control procedures are followed in the most effective manner. Provide timely and accurate information to the management, maintaining the inventory of all stores and bars in an effective manner and supporting the Operations team through cost analysis. Audit back-of-house functions, namely, purchasing, receiving, stores and the kitchen as well as the day-to-day operation of all food and beverage outlets.
- To ensure effective, efficient and ethical/sustainable purchases are carried out to a high standard as per the departmental directives.
- To ensure budgetary control for all F&B products.
- To arrange menu pricing, ensuring that all menu items have a recipe and that all outlet recipes are accurate and portion sizes consistent.
- To check that all outlets/departments do not overstock, especially during month-end.
- To liaise with Executive Chef and Food & Beverage departments on food and beverage quality control.
- To ensure that all goods are channelled to the Receiving Department.
- To spot check that all weighing scales are working properly and in use by receiver.
- To ensure that all invoices are stamped and signed by the Receiving clerk before forwarding it to Accounts Payable.
- To ensure that all purchased items are signed by the Department concerned.
- Spot check to ensure that goods are received as per specifications.
- To ensure that the Receiving Clerk does not receive goods without a purchase order or purchase list.
- To ensure that the Receiving Clerk only holds files for current purchase orders and purchase lists for goods not yet received.
- To ensure that the deliveries of goods by suppliers are consistent with the receiving schedule.
- To ensure that the Chef is called to check on quality of goods received, e.g., fresh meat and others.
- To ensure that charges to other properties are submitted to the Accounts Receivable for billing where applicable.
- To represent and abide by all Health and Safety regulation, and follow up on any issues accordingly.
- Must hold a University Degree or Equivalent in Finance
- Must of held at least 1 year experience in a similar role
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Communication Skills
- Analytical Skills