Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
We are looking for a creative Costume Designer to create clothes and costume props for actors on film, theater or TV. Your work will play a great part in setting the tone of a story and enhancing the actor’s performance.
As costume designer, you must be very creative and well-versed in different garment types and styles. You should be talented at sketching and see creating clothes as an art. Collaborating closely with a multi-disciplinary team to create the best visual effect is what we’ll expect from you.
- Study script to understand costume requirements in terms of setting, era and character attributes
- Perform research on historical periods and different regions
- Develop costume plots for characters
- Create preliminary sketches of costumes and present them for approval
- Produce the final designs with fabrics, styles and colors
- Work with costume makers to materialize sketches
- Hire or buy ready costumes when necessary
- Ensure costumes stay within budget
- Supervise fittings and rehearsals
- Assume responsibility of returning, storing or disposing used costumes after filming
- Proven experience as costume designer or similar role
- Knowledge of design, sewing and textiles
- Understanding of a range of styles and cultural/historical elements
- Aptitude in research
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Creativity and attention to detail
- Well-organized and reliable
- Diploma or Degree in fashion design or relevant field