Summary of the role:
The role of the Administration Manager will be to oversee and regulate the financial, administrative and logistical functioning of INSO Nigeria. S/he will ensure compliance with relevant mandatory controls arising from Donors, Federal Republic of Nigeria (Nigeria) and INSO. As a senior post, the Country Administration Manager will report directly to the INSO Director Nigeria and will be subject to training and supervision by INSO Finance Manager. S/he will supervise one Administration assistant, one regional assistant and two drivers. The post is based in Abuja, with travel to the provinces, and is offered on a one-year contract basis.
- Lead and oversee daily accounting and financial management procedures including booking of expenses to QUICKBOOKS; maintenance of cashbooks; production and management supporting documents in accordance with relevant procedures; implementation and monitoring of internal controls; cash management, payroll management and FY audit files.
- Production of periodic financial and asset reporting as required under INSO, Donors or Nigeria policy,
- Ensure the application of all INSO, Donor or Nigeria requirements in relation to procurement processes, assets, stock management and disposal,
- Ensure the application of INSO and Nigeria requirements in the recruitment, training, employment, human resource, management and discipline/termination of all INSO employees,
- Oversee a technical support to Country Director and Safety Advisors in all administration, finance and logistic matters,
- Comply with local authorities in tax requirements. Is the focal point for all legal matters,
- Participate in the Senior Management Team and strategy definition at the country level
- Manage the work and development of local team (about five) with finance and administrative functions
- Bachelor Degree in either Business Administration or accounting,
- 5+ years’ work experience with an NGO
- Staff management and security experience
- Knowledge of administrative and logistical processes
- Experience in liaising with other organisations and government officials
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Computer literate, with good report writing and budget/financial management skills
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks.
Preferred Characteristics (Not mandatory, but advantageous. Please specify in cover letter):
- Master’s degree in Finance or Human Resources or other relevant field
- Existing (relevant) local information networks and contacts.