Job Number: 2527919
Business: GE Oil & Gas
Business Segment: OG-REG Regions
- The Country Leader for Surface is an integral part of both the Regional Surface SSA leadership team as well as the Global Surface leadership team.
- The person will lead the sales, commercial operations and services teams for Surface activities consisting of Pressure Control, Artificial Lift, and Downhole Technology.
- The position is also responsible for working effectively with Surface global functional leaders to drive efficiency, simplification, increase margins and manage change initiatives.
- Responsible for growing the sales and service businesses for the sub-Regional portfolio - including managing the P&L (orders, sales, CM, OM, CFOA) and leading all customer facing activities for the assigned sub-Region.
- Accountable for all GE operating processes for Surface within the sub-Region, eg: Growth Play Book, SII planning processes, GEOS etc.
- Lead the sales, service and commercial operations teams in the assessment of customer needs, solve business problems through consultative approach and develop effective marketing, sales and strategic business plans.
- Develop influential relationships with assigned customers at all levels and develop strategies to win profitable business.
- Engage global/ regional functions (Engineering, Marketing, IT, Legal, Finance, HR) in developing and implementing robust business practices and strategies for the sub-Regional SSA market.
- Work jointly with Supply Chain management to ensure proper identification of projected load and improve order fulfillment cycle time and profitability.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement and cost reduction opportunities
- Continue to build and maintain an effective leadership team, focused on meeting GE’s business strategies, policies and practices and practicing effective growth values.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
- At least 10 years of Oil & Gas experience in a field sales, sales of engineered products or marketing
- Minimum 5 years of leadership experience with in the SSA area
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Proven track record of establishing a vision, strategy and executing business plans; capable of planning and executing major initiatives and change.
- Demonstrated leadership in a cross-functional, matrix environment.
- Demonstrated accomplishments in customer-focused problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability to identify business opportunities.
- Self-directed, highly detail oriented, organized and flexible.
- Clear thinker, with strong communications skills and an ability to drive clear expectations within the SSA operations.