To be clients senior in-country representative
To coordinate local stakeholder’s relations on behalf of the Business Unit Manager,
To manage the office, the people and the facilities
identify business growth opportunities,
To deliver timely and safely the exploration work program.
Responsibilities / Key Objectives:
· Managerial role:
o Management of clients interests in the country.
o Set up and manage Conakry office
o Actively involve him/herself in building/maintaining Government and partner’s relations in the country.
· Identify and pursue growth opportunities in conjunction with corporate objectives
· Monitor political situation in the country and take front line role in social or political issues where company would be involved.
· Lead on external & social affairs matters by planning and rolling out the CSR and local content initiatives
· Manage operations and teams related to the exploration work program.
· Resource in-country delivery team.
· Technical role:
o Set up in country operational base.
o Ensure operational readiness for deep water drilling.
o Identify and help evaluate in-country growth opportunities
· Proven leader, with strong background in operated assets, in particular drilling operations;
· Technical background with significant line management experience;
· Familiar with large asset operations/logistics;
· Good commercial and finance skills and awareness;
· French speaking is essential.
· Strong EHS leadership skills;
· Strong leadership, communication, influencing and diplomacy skills
· Proven ability to build, inspire and motivate a team
· Proven ability to work as part of a team
· Proactive, pragmatic and flexible
· Culturally sensitive
· Good Negotiator
· Strong relationship building and management skills
· Open, honest and reliable