Develop and lead the execution of overall strategy and direction for the Philippines and Guam market, leading to the identification of market objectives and achievement of all financial targets. Lead a team of professionals to source and secure new business opportunities leading to profitable business growth for Visa and its client financial institutions. Establish and maintain strong working relations with clients, vendors, merchants, regulators and staff to expand market leadership and brand preference.
• Develop overall market strategy to drive business growth
• Provide necessary vision and leadership to translate strategy into initiatives for the team to execute the plan
• Ongoing identification of new business opportunities leading to increased revenue
• Final decision making authority on day-to-day client, operational and resource allocation issues
• Co-decision making on strategic direction, or other issues which would require senior management approval
• Recommender / approver on all partnership ‘deals’ with clients or third parties
• Develop a positive working atmosphere and motivated team to achieve business objectives
• Recruit high caliber staff, and provide direction / coaching / training to ensure optimal performance
• Develop plans to develop / retain high potential staff, including succession plan.
• Recognize, reward and retain top performers
• Establish strong working and personal relationships with key stakeholders from Clients, government, media, and merchants
• Position Visa as the market leader in terms of thought leadership, integrity and professionalism
• Increase Visa’s visibility and image in the marketplace and media through participation in seminar, events, forums
• Lead crisis management situations to appropriately position Visa / payment industry to external parties
• Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Economics. MBA preferred.
• Minimum 10 years experience in Card or card related business, banking or FMCG industry.
• Strong P&L management
• Possess leadership qualities and have good interpersonal skills
• Strong financial and commercial acumen with proven negotiation and deal execution
• Excellent team management skills
• Experience in Matrix environment with proven stakeholder management skills