About Your Job:
In this role, you will provide overall leadership on a strategic level for all sales and other activities within the assigned territory. You will strategically develop and deliver revenue for Qatar Airways, maximising the return from the existing market whilst identifying and penetrating new markets, where appropriate. You will also be responsible for the effective management of all staff and company assets within the assigned territory.
Specific accountabilities include:
- Accountable for the strategic direction of QR Corporate/Trade/Leisure and Direct Sales in the territory of responsibility
- Define the optimal way to increase sales by recommending routes, timings, aircraft type and other product development
- Formulate and implement country sales strategy, including local corporate dealing policy, to maximise short and long term revenue opportunities, reduce cost of sale and generate channel shift, where appropriate
- Production of short and medium term local country sales and channel plan including revenue targets as part of the integrated sales strategy
- Delivering set revenue targets and implementing sales and marketing plans for the territory
- Recommends annual revenue budget and sales strategy for the territory and spearhead attainment of sales targets
- Managing relationships with other Airlines, Trade bodies, Government, Media and Civil Aviation Authorities and general public
To be effective in this role, you will need a Bachelors Degree combined with at least seven years of experience in a similar role. You will need an extensive background within the travel sector including airline marketing. A proven ability to negotiate and work within a multinational and multicultural environment is required, along with strong sales and leadership capability. A track record of delivery of significant change and budget and planning experience are also both required.
You will need to be fluent, written and spoken, in English to perform this role.