The Graphic Artist is responsible for the development and production of technical designs and illustrations for educational or informational purposes in support of new and revised training courses.
- Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops graphics to support various media used within the technical training curriculum
- Ensures communication of technical ideas and information are accurately and clearly conveyed.
- Creates designs and graphics from rudimentary sketches, photographs, and/or general descriptions to fulfill training requirements.
- Collaborates with writers, editors and other production staff to produce a finished product.
- Demonstrates experience in Microsoft Office (specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other software applications. Executes the full range of graphic production processes from initial concept to finalized graphic development for incorporation into training materials and documents.
- Maintains a graphics library of completed designs.
- Maintains records and files of all work, tracking all version changes.
- Transfers, merges, and adjusts designs, graphics, and layouts as identified.
- Incorporates photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, charts, and schematics in training materials, as required.
Develops or revises technical schematics and diagrams, based on provided examples, to be used as wall posters, training handouts, and/or inclusion in training documentation
At least three (2-3) years of recent, practical, and recognizable experience in:
- Graphic design (electronic and print);
- Technical illustration
- Photographic enhancement
- Integration of photographs, graphics, or illustrations for publishing and printing; preparation of camera-ready photographs, graphics, or illustrations for reproduction in various technical training, instructional, and reference materials.
Use of tools to create and modify photographs, graphics, or illustrations utilized in various technical training, instructional materials consisting of, but not limited to:
- Adobe Suite of Products (i.e. Illustrator, Photoshop, Adobe)
- Corel Suite of Products (i.e. Draw)
- Microsoft Office Suite programs