As Credit Risk Analyst your main responsibilities will involve:
- Creating risk models for corporate and retail banking business units
- Validating existing models
- Challenging proposals and decisions that conflict with sound, value based credit portfolio management
- Building working relationships with peers in other departments and learn about their objectives and processes
- You'll need to be comfortable with numbers so a 2:1 degree or equivalent in a numerate discipline (Maths, Statistics, Sciences, Engineering, Economics) is essential.
- General awareness of credit industry products and markets
- An understanding of the functions of Consumer Lending and Retail Credit Risk and Collections in a banking context
- Comfortable with delivering complex analysis
- In addition you are required to possess exceptional numerical reasoning skills with a passion for business analysis.
- You need to have strong communication, relationship and influencing skills with the ability to explain the results of complex analysis to a non-technical audience and have the confidence to bring change in areas out of your control.