- Granting credit to customers as per company policies and procedures. Responsibility for credit collections.
- Ensure collections procedures are adhered to. Ensure cash is collected.
- Monitor the credit granting and updating process.
- Responsible for escalation of account to a Police and legal stage and those issues arising in this relation.
- Keep collection strategy and action plan up to date.
- Ensure the collection action plans are carried out and overdue % is reduced.
- Develop and monitor key performance indicators (KPI's) for collection team.
- Prepare, review and deliver MIS relating to credit.
- Coordinate closely with the management and sales team in credit management and collection issues.
- Staff development.
- Monitor team performance, addressing areas of weaknes, team building & motivating the team to achieve both collective and individual targets.
- Provide appropriate training for the team to complete their daily tasks.
- When required meet customers to set payment plans for outstanding debts.
- Responsible for approval of Lease Purchase proposals, Credit notes, Credit limit approvals.
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge: Strong background in Credit Management.
Minimum Experience: 3 years experience in management of a receivables team involving leadership & coaching.
Preferred Qualifications: Membership of a professional body of Credit Professionals (e.g. ICM)
Job-Specific Skills: Tact, diplomacy, leadership, coaching skills, self-starter with a drive to succeed.
Ability to work under pressure and multi-task
Thorough understanding of the best practice policies and procedures in the area of Accounts Receivable management and the ability to make these the company's policy and enforce it, both internally and externally.
- Effective Communication/ influencing skills
- Tactful, diplomatic with organisational ability
- Relationship Building skills - Internal and external
- Team Management and Coaching
- Attention to details and Target oriented and
- Self starter with a drive to exceed