Join Santander as an Auditor and you'll be joining a diverse and growing team that provides tangible commercial impact across our entire business. You'll be responsible for leading audit reviews as well as assessments of management and control risks within the area of Credit Risk. Assessing the control environment related to the risk management processes throughout the lifecycle of our Wholesale, Corporate and Retail Credit Portfolios, including the performance, quality of the assets involved and the respective impairment estimation where necessary
Santander's Internal Audit Division is a global operation comprising more than 900 people across the world. The Santander UK Internal Audit team of 85 people is a high-quality audit function that provides independent, objective opinions on how risks are managed to the highest levels of management in Spain and theUK.
This role will give you excellent visibility of the full Credit life cycle and the entire UK Credit Risk Function throughout Santander UK presenting successful candidates with an opportunity to work with senior stakeholders across Risk. You’ll be involved in the effective delivery of audits and coaching more junior auditors, providing support towards their development.
- Participating in internal audit reviews to assess the management and control of risk
- Involved in all aspects of the audit from planning the engagement, identification of key risks and coordination of fieldwork, through to drafting of recommendations and eventual reporting.
- Ensuring that all audits meet internal audit plan timescales and comply with quality requirements
- Managing relationships with key stakeholders across the business
- Degree Qualified in a relevant subject
- Experience of analysing companies and / or credit portfolios for example working in Corporate Credit Risk or in ratings agencies
- Must have experience with Excel including macros & Access
- Excellent communication skills, able to build compelling business cases, and a adapt style in order to gain buy in.
- Able to persuade using a range of styles, and seeking win-win outcomes.
- Ability to develop and facilitate effective business relationships at all levels.