- Supervise and mentor the credit team assigned
- Assess, review and approve loans as per policy
- Maintain a quality portfolio for the branch as per set target
- Maintain a well functioning filing system at the branch for all loan documents
- Analyze, compile and submit reports as per reporting standards
- Ensure effective implementation of customer service standards and perform regular meetings with existing and potential customers to identify gaps and potential areas for improvements.
- Developing and executing plans that will allow the branch to achieve their targets and implement branch strategies.
Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Technical Skills - Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Meets commitments.
Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; continually works to improve supervisory skills.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
To perform the job successfully, the candidate should demonstrate the following competencies and qualities:
- Commitment to implementing credible credit risk management system within the branch
- Willingness to relocate to Owerri, Nigeria and to travel within the country (40% of the time)
- Enterprising and self-driven personality with the ability to adapt and acquire new skills
- Ability to translate knowledge of business needs into value propositions mutually beneficial to customers and the branch.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Highly attentive to detail with excellent organizational and documentation skills
- Results-oriented, with the ability to motivate the team to be consistent with performance
- Strong fit to FINCA’s desired corporate culture and values, and commitment to furthering FINCA’s mission and vision. In particular, must demonstrate a commitment to transparency and integrity
- Understands the needs of a start-up, with willingness and ability to perform duties beyond the scope of work
- HND/Bachelor’s degree in Business Admin or related fields
- 3-4 years of experience in credit operations as a credit officer in Micro-Finance Environment.
- Strong credit analysis skills and experience
- Exposure to microfinance desired; experience with group lending is beneficial
- Fluency in English required, Igbo language proficiency is beneficial
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point.