- The Criminal Justice/CVE Expert will lead technical assistance efforts for ECOWAS staff members in criminal justice, countering violent extremism, and violence prevention.
- The position will require the ability to conduct trainings, generate consensus among variety of stakeholders, and develop policy recommendations.
- Previous experience working with multi-lateral organizations and/or in the West Africa region is preferred.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The Criminal Justice/CVE Expert will report to the Program Director.
- Provides technical assistance to ECOWAS;
- Develops and delivers trainings as needed;
- Develops and/or modifies CVE and criminal justice tools based on capacity building needs; and
- Provides policy and strategy recommendations to ECOWAS.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in countering violent extremism, criminal justice, counterterrorism and/or crime & violence prevention;
- Advanced degree in Counterterrorism, Security Studies and/or Criminal Justice;
- Demonstrated experience in applying public health models of crime prevention, especially in developing countries;
- Demonstrated experience in developing and delivering trainings;
- Demonstrated experience working in West Africa, developing countries and/or multi-lateral organizations;
- Experience in policy development;
- Ability to relocate to Abuja, Nigeria; and
- Fluency in French a plus.
- Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.