The senior executive will be responsible for assisting in developing projects and supporting the operational demands of the business’s corporate social responsibility strategy. The senior executive will allow for growth in programs related to environmental sustainability and community investment, in order to achieve the Group’s vision for its CSR strategy; which is to drive sustainable development in the Middle East while adding value to the business.
1. Responsible for proposing innovative solutions to reduce carbon footprint of operations and infrastructure while overseeing existing practices i.e. waste management, communication campaigns and energy audits.
2. Coordinate and implement environmental awareness-raising events for employees in the UAE and regionally.
3. Design and implement in-store fundraising campaigns supporting different humanitarian, education and environmental causes to engage customers and employees.
4. Implement annual regional school - giving campaign and event.
5. Coordinate student and employee volunteer activities.
6. Coordinate across different business units for efforts related to social and environmental performance.
7. Responsible for managing partnerships with local community & government organizations and charities.
8. Assist in the development of new projects and activities for the CSR strategy.
9. Assist in developing sustainability reports and tools for benchmarking performance.
10. Responsible for CSR communication tools; intranet, website, newsletter, corporate magazine.
We are ideally looking for a UAE National for this role.
A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in fields related to Political Science/International Development/Environmental Science or related Social Science degree. They should have 3 - 5 years’ experience in the field of sustainability/social development/corporate social responsibility. They should have excellent written and communication skills in English. A passionate, hardworking and dynamic personality is integral for the position. Linguistic preferences but not required: Arabic