P&G Key Account Managers are responsible for managing Procter & Gamble's Distributors. A Distributor is P&G’s key customer (Account) responsible for selling P&G brands within designated area via sales representatives- Van Sales Rep, Market Sales Rep and Bike Sales Rep.
The KAM leads the distributor organization to deliver/exceed P&G sales (volume) expectations. He/She is responsible for training/coaching the distributor sales reps to;
- Cover the required number of stores in the area,
- Ensure all the different P&G brands are always present and well displayed in every store and
- Encourage retailers/wholesalers to sell at P&G recommended prices.
Given this important role, P&G provides KAM with effective working tools, which include; a car, mobile phone and laptop fast inernet access.
He/She reports directly to P&G Unit Manager.
The key role/responsibilities of the KAM are divided into two;
- Building the Business- sales, coverage, display, competitive pricing and
- Building the Organization Capabilities- training, coaching, effective working tools and effective work environment.
- Responsible for delivery/exceeding target sales for distributor organization.
- Ensures all the different types of P&G brands are always available in every store.
- Ensures P&G brands (in every store) have advantage over competition – in display, visibility and pricing.
- Responsible for training sales reps.
- Responsible for ensuring the distributor is selling to customers at agreed terms with P&G. KAM is however not responsible for the distributor’s business decisions.
- Responsible for ensuring the distributor sales reps are selling to retailers at the recommended retail prices.
- Bachelors degree required
- Candidate must have completed NYSC
- Good communication skills in English (written and verbal)
- Ability to work effectively in teams
- Location flexibility will be an advantage; however, we would like a candidate that already lives in the Northern part of Nigeria or that is willing to relocate to the North
- Ability to understand Hausa will be an added advantage