Day Waterman College (DWC) is an impressive purpose-built school for students aged 11 – 16. DWC is in its fifth year and at full capacity will accommodate 700 students. The college currently has 480 students from Years 7-11 and this will increase to 500 in Sept 2014.
Students follow the English National Curriculum at KS3 and KS4. Post 16 provision is being planned. The magnificent 100 acre site is located in the peaceful area of Abeokuta, Ogun State, Nigeria, and less than one hour’s drive from Lagos. Outstanding facilities and equipment are provided to support the learning environment. Students take part in a wide range of academic, sporting, cultural and self- development activities. Day Waterman College is a full boarding and all staff members are expected to contribute to the co-curricular life and duties in this busy school.
The director and Curriculum leaders are expected to:
- Deliver excellent outcomes (academic and non- academic) for pupils.
- Provide highly effective leadership and management within their subject area.
- Build an exceptional team to develop outstanding provision of the subject.
- Develop the department programme/curriculum i.e curriculum, standards, target setting, assessment and reporting.
- Act as a de facto whole - college leader, fulfilling leadership responsibilities wherever necessary in the college.
- Develop, prepare and deliver teaching and learning up to a full timetable.
- Act as an expert in their subject area providing support and advice across the college.
The idea candidate for this post should have the relevant academic qualifications including a minimum of a first degree, a minimum of 5 years experience in teaching I/GCSE/A Level Spanish/French or Spanish/Mandarin preferable in the UK or in a reputable international school. The candidate should have some experience in departmental leadership and also in the mentoring of teachers.