Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
The Custodian has the primary responsibility for cleaning the center in such a way to promote health and safety while reducing the spread of infection. It is the role of the custodian to follow daily, weekly and monthly cleaning schedules at the Migrant Head Start center including, but not limited to, the classrooms, kitchen, office areas, bathrooms, storage areas and entrances.
The custodian follows the cleaning schedule when the children are not in the center so no interference with their care occurs. The custodian may also be responsible for performing additional duties not stipulated below. If so, these duties are specified as an addendum to this description. These additional duties may include general building and grounds maintenance, laundry, etc.
- Collects and bags all garbage from the center, placing the tied bags in a closed dumpster.
- Disinfects and cleans garbage and trashcans, and changes bags daily.
- Washes and sanitizes bathrooms fixtures daily with germicidal solution.
- Using germicidal solution, wet mops all washable floors daily including kitchen, bathroom, office and classroom.
- Washes bathroom, kitchen, classroom and other windows (inside and outside) and walls using germicidal solution as scheduled or needed.
- Vacuums all carpeting daily.
- Sweeps and clears entrance spaces, daily.
- Dusts, washes and sanitizes other surfaces as specified in schedule.
- Performs other cleaning duties as specified in schedule.
- Refills paper towel, tissue, toilet paper and hand soap in all dispensers.
- Changes light bulbs, as needed.
- Reports the following to the Director, or designated staff person:
- Presence of animals, vermin or insects.
- Need for cleaning supplies or equipment repair in advance.
- Water leaks, and other maintenance needs.
- All other health and safety hazards noticed.
- Participates in emergency drills and environmental safety activities, as requested.
- Attends and participates in center pre-service and in-service trainings.
Interested applicants should have a minimum of HND and any other qualification will be an added advantage.