Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
To receive and respond to enquiries across a wide range of council services, and act as the initial point of assessment for eligibility.
• To accurately collect and record customer information, and where necessary, complete timely referrals to either internal or external service points using agreed means of information transmission.
• To receive and respond to enquiries across a wide range of council services, and act as the initial point of assessment for eligibility.
• To provide advice and assistance to customers in the most appropriate format to meet their needs, demonstrating due attention to customer care and a professional approach at all times.
• To receive and process 'follow up' information about previous requests and reports and to update systems as appropriate.
• To use contact centre software applications and other electronic information systems appropriately and in accordance with procedure.
• To liaise with other departmental staff, partner organisations and external service providers
• To be able to quickly identify situations requiring specialist information and direct customers appropriately.
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant degree.
• At least 2-4 years of experience.
• Good communication skills.
• Have an interest in helping people.
• Like working as part of a team.
• Well-presented, polite and tactful.