Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
A customer support person:
- wants to delight customers, above and beyond the call of duty
- has intimate knowledge of the customers needs
- has empathy for the customers situation
- is able to communicate clearly, both written and in speach
- talks in a way the customer can understand
- has a "thick skin" and is able to handle complaints, even when handling unpleasant customers
- works accurate and with eye for detail
- handles in the best interest of both customer and company
- is able to use automated information systems to analyse the customers situation
- is able to suggest improvements to the various communications by the company (eg. website, FAQ, etc)
- has a pleasant, friendly style
- is willing to build a long-term relationship with the customer (not a "job-hopper")
A customer service representative interacts with a company’s customers to provide them with information to address inquiries regarding products and services. In addition, they deal with and help resolve any customer complaints. For instance, a customer representative may assist you in opening an account or help you to resolve a problem if you cannot access your account or if your order never arrived. Usually, customer service representatives gather their information via a telephone call.