The Customer Consultant is responsible for active sales within the Branch context. Customers who have a need to open/close accounts or who require advice on any product or service of the Bank will see the Customer Consultant. They will then determine the customer’s needs and make recommendations around the best product and/or solution.
Solution based Sales
- The most important aspect of the Customer Consultant’s role is the interaction with customers.
- Customers are being interviewed on a daily basis to determine their specific financial needs.
- Although the Customer Consultant has very specific sales targets, the sales strategy is re-active with customers coming into the Branch to see the Consultant.
- It is critical for the consultant to have very good personal and interpersonal skills which he/she will use to determine the specific financial solutions needed by the customer.
- Although re-active the Consultant must have the ability to “close the deal”, thereby contributing to the revenue stream of the Branch.
- To safeguard the customer, advice given by the Customer Consultant needs to comply with very specific Financial Regulatory requirements (these may vary from Country to Country)