Performs as a strategic account improvement expert in driving customer service, operational/delivery effectiveness and account financial strength. Focuses on partnering and mentoring Customer Executive on all aspects of the Customer Executive role to improve customer accounts. Identifies greatest opportunities for account improvement and develops plan, resource requirements and timetable to address those issues. Accountable for improving the customer account both operationally and financially within an acceptable period of time. Assists Customer Executive manage and lead a matrix-managed environment to deliver all initiatives within a customer engagement. Responsible for advising the Customer Executive with contract negotiation, business consulting, strategic planning, growth, direction, marketing, sales, delivery, and profit and loss. Manages customer financials based upon business objectives and service level agreements while meeting revenue goals. Collaborates with Customer Executive and delivery team to ensure that customer needs and contract requirements are satisfied).
· Work throughout Dell Services account base, on a global basis, to identify and capture areas of revenue potential, expense reductions, services over-delivery and similar related areas so as to cause accounts to increase margins. This position will be performing full assessments on our accounts. This includes issues identification, remediation plan development, resolution of problems and identifying revenue enhancing or expense reducing opportunities to improve the accounts financial performance.
· Will be responsible for utilizing all corporate resources, especially solution horizontals, to increase revenue and optimize the solutions that Dell Services provides. In some cases will be responsible for directly managing the full lifecycle of this client engagement to include business consulting, strategic planning, growth, direction, marketing, sales, delivery, and profit and loss. Responsible for providing appropriate deliverables to meet customer needs in a cost-optimized manner.
· In-depth knowledge of commercial, educational and the healthcare marketplace, competitive landscape, financial and business drivers. Responsible for the formulation of client solutions that link multiple Dell Services business capabilities to the client’s strategic direction while driving financial performance. Responsible for assuring growth in the client base through new or enhanced technical services and solutions.
· Contract management to include interpreting, tracking, enforcing and negotiating/ mitigating contractual issues. Must have executive presence to engage with credibility with account teams and client executives on a myriad business, technical, contractual and relationship issues.
· Builds and maintains trusted-advisor relationships with senior executive level clients and client influencers
· Leads organization in a matrixes managed environment in the delivery of all initiatives within a client engagement. Ensures delivery expectations are met or exceeded. Manages account financials based upon business objectives and service level agreements while meeting revenue goals. Will provide technical services and solutions include full outsourcing or applications development involving multiple service components and large program/project portfolio. Will have typically global or significant geographic operations.
· Responsible for supervising, coaching and developing accounts’ leadership. Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures and systems. Incumbent has authority to initiate actions and make decisions within established precedents or well defined policy with regular managerial direction and review.
· Operational expertise to ensure delivery and financial expectations are exceeded and that optimized team is in place to conduct appropriate business/technology planning and deliver solutions/operational excellence
• 15+ industry experience. To include extensive, successful account management direct profit and loss responsibilities in the largest and most highly complex IT contracts.
• 8 years leadership experience with responsibilities for leading large client engagement teams, meeting deliverables, implementing value-add solutions, and developing and maintaining client relationships.
• Excellent C-level communications and have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively verbally and in writing.
• Extensive experience in contract management and successful proven contract negotiations.
• Ability to work in a highly complex, fluid and matrixes organization.
• Ability to work in a high stress dynamic environment.
• Possess domain knowledge in several areas’ so to understand client's marketplace, competitive landscape and business drivers, and be able to speak intelligently in these terms.
• Demonstrate past success of delivering add-on business, revenue expansion, and remediating underperforming account P&L.
• Operational expertise to ensure delivery expectations are met or exceeded and that proper team is in place to conduct appropriate business/technology planning and deliver solutions/operational excellence.
• The successful candidate for this position will be a profitability and performance game changer.
• Ability to actively participate in lengthy, high stress situations
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to learn, interpret and apply complex and technical regulations, policies and procedures related to customer contracts
• Ability to perform complex analytical processes and problem solving
• Ability to work under significant timeline pressures with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to use discretion and professionalism in dealing with customer and supplier personnel
• Ability to sit, talk and hear both in person and by telephone
• Ability to operate Microsoft Office applications, especially MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
• Ability to travel 50% domestic and international.
· Related Bachelor Degree, MBA Preferred
· Proposal development
· Dispute Resolution
· Experience dealing with complex, global legal issues
· Business Development experience