- This role is designed to ensure FINCA maintains a firm hold on the supervision of field officers primarily responsible for underwriting loans and related savings.
- The job holder is responsible for managing the growth and performance of the branch loan portfolio (and related savings), participate in setting and implement strategies by the institution.
- The job holder will need to ensure that team members have the capacity to deliver credit products (and related savings) in a highly efficient and profitable manner, in a market-led and mission driven approach.
- The CRS will strive to ensure that the branch presents characteristics consistent with a credit ethos that will win community trust, respond to client needs and raise client awareness regarding the opportunities that FINCA credit products can provide.
- The CRS is a middle manager reporting to the Branch Manager (BM), and is responsible for credit operations (including loan related savings) at the branch for the microfinance bank.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise and mentor the credit team assigned
- Assess, review and approve loans as per policy
- Maintain a quality portfolio for the branch as per set target
- Maintain a well functioning filing system at the branch for all loan documents
- Analyze, compile and submit reports as per reporting standards
- Ensure effective implementation of customer service standards and perform regular meetings with existing and potential customers to identify gaps and potential areas for improvements.
- Developing and executing plans that will allow the branch to achieve their targets and implement branch strategies.